Monday, June 6, 2011

List Maker

So I’m a bit of a list maker. There is just something that keeps me feeling grounded, organized, prepared, and ready when I have lots to do. And of course I look forward to and I cannot avoid the overwhelming feeling of joy when I cross 1, 2, 3, or ALL of the things off my list. (This couldn’t be my perfectionist overachiever personality kicking in could it? LOL!).  I make To-Do lists for chores, make lists for groceries for present trips or the long time Costco trip in the future, make lists of things I want to pack and cross things off as they get put into the suitcase, I have bill pay lists in spreadsheets and chart down how much we paid on each one each month, and I even find myself listing out future goals and dreams just so I don’t forget them. Lists just work for me I guess.

Since we have moved to Oregon I have been doing a majority of my work at WOU. I still take Freelance Interpreting gigs, do VRI work from home in my VRI center set up upstairs, and accept other random opportunities. But most of my work is for sure at WOU. Since the school is on the quarter system, this week is finals. This means the students over there are staying up all night studying, taking ridiculously long likely scantron tests, and probably counting the minutes until Friday when summer starts for them. But for me, summer started today. This means my days of a regular schedule just went out right out the window. Instead I’ll have random jobs here and there at random times of the day and at random lengths and a lot more time on my hands. Granted, I’ll be taking advantage of the free time to see family and friends, and convincing Michael to take a little vacation time while we actually have sunshine. But this also provides me a huge opportunity for an even huger list. MY SUMMER TO-DO LIST. 

Last week I had a little down time at a gig and started to write down all the things I wanted to get done over the summer. When I finished I realized it was going to be a BUSY BUSY next few months. However, I’m excited to have a plan, a list, and some goals and so I guess because I was excited, I decided I want to blog about it. I figured as soon as I typed everything out that I wanted to get done and hit post, then I had no reason but to get started. So here goes…


SUMMER TO-DO LIST:
 
1.       Daily Training with Dudley (Completing Trainer Task List)
2.       Clean and organize coat closet
3.       Reorganize pantry
4.       Rearrange kitchen cupboards
5.       Clean trim on entire house
6.       Organize and arrange guest room closets (potential shelves added)
7.       Dust/clean light fixtures and add new bulbs if needed
8.       Rearrange master closet and install tie rack for Michael
9.       Clean up CEU files in new file box
10.   Re-lable and organize personal files
11.   Back-Up pictures
12.   Finish Chan’s Book (Prom and Graduation)
13.   Dad’s Birthday Book
14.   Vegas Book
15.   Print and File all invoices
16.   Find and Hang Curtains for the house (Downstairs and Master)
17.   Detail and Wax both cars
18.   Get Lowes to come fix the water on our Fridge
19.   Combine all recipe books into one
20.   Combine all digital files into one address book
21.   Organize and get bottles for the spice cupboard
22.   Send RID my WOU Grad stuff
23.   Find a new Glider Chair  for the living room
24.   NIC Prep for retaking the test sometime soon
25.   Make a Dump Run (Even if we only have little tiny cars LOL)
26.   Update pictures in our Multi-frames
27.   Find a TV stand for Guest Room
28.   Organize Bathroom Cupboards
29.   Clean Carpets
30.   Socks.
31.   Take Dudley to the Beach

32…. I’m sure more will be added as I go… J

No comments:

Post a Comment