Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 8: What is something you miss?


Sometimes I miss being in Seattle. I love my life here and the simplenes of my small town world, but while you can take the girl out of the city, I don’t think you can always take the city out of the girl. I miss the hussle and bussle of downtown. I miss delicious Thai food on just about every corner. I miss giant department stores and the big Macy’s star at Christmas time. I miss driving away from my old office and looking up to see the Space Needle. I miss interpreting in the city and bouncing between different places like Queen Anne, Downtown, or Capital Hill and clearly recognizing the differences of each of those areas. I miss being able to catch a professional football game or baseball game without much trouble. And I miss being super close to the water every day.

However, even though I miss Seattle, I wouldn’t change a thing about our lives right now. We are so blessed here in Oregon and I really couldn’t ask for anything more. I just know my heart will always have a special place for my beloved city… Oh and I do drive to Portland and sit in the traffic every once in a while just to feel like I’m at home… J

No comments:

Post a Comment