Friday, May 4, 2012

New Hobby

One of my fav pictures. The fields out behind campus have cool old barns and great scenery.

So my list of hobbies and interests is ever evolving and changing. I feel like I get hooked on something for a few years, get bored, and try something new. My chosen activities usually include some sort of sports thing, crafty thing, or something in the kitchen. This time, it isn’t really any different. I have always LOVED pictures and playing with a camera. I have boxes and boxes of random, unedited, and really goofy shots I have collected since high school. Photography is a way for me to document all the fun times in my life, but also a creative outlet for a person who can scrapbook just fine, but other than that has no “artsy” painting, drawing, or musical talent.

I was lucky enough to do some pregnancy pictures for my friend Emily and her husband Andrew. So Fun!


As I have written about before, I took a photography class last term at WOU. Michael gave me an amazing DSLR camera for my birthday last year and I was dying to learn how to use it. The class was a basic intro to digital photography, but even better was also an intro to Photoshop. Because I was technically a student I was lucky enough to pick up the entire Photoshop program for my own home computer for about $50 bucks. As a result of my new basic knowledge, and cool new techie toy, I AM HOOKED! It has been fun to try out new projects, even if I thought my teacher’s requirements were a bit crazy. Plus it allowed both Dudley and Michael, my top 2 favorite subjects, a bit of relief.





As if I didn’t already have enough to do, I’m so excited about keeping up with this project. Throughout this whole post is a sampling of some of my favorite images I took both during class, and since the end of the term. My last assignment helped me dabble in food photography a little bit, so I’m hoping to maybe merge 2 of my loves and maybe share a few great recipes with a few great photos soon. J



My final project was to explore some conceptual photography.

The food I make is a reflection of me, but this is the reflection of the food.


Here’s to new hobbies and happy photos! J

No comments:

Post a Comment