That’s right, we have two 2 month olds. How crazy is
that?!?!? The last two months have
absolutely flown by. Most days I feel like it was just yesterday that we
brought the boys home, but at the same time I almost cannot remember our life
without them. In just two short months Braxton and Carter have entirely changed
our lives and completed family.
The boys have changed a lot since their 1 month birthday.
Both are growing like crazy and seem to want to eat all the time. At their 1
month appointment Carter weighed 7bs 12.5oz and Braxton 7lbs 8.5oz. Last
Wednesday at the 2 month appointment Carter was a whopping 11lbs 1oz and
Braxton was 10lbs 10oz. Wowsers! I was able to exclusively breast feed them
until 6 weeks, and then I just couldn’t make enough milk for both of them. The
doctor told me they would need between 1-3 ounces at each feeding. But these guys
put the kibosh on that real quick. They can nurse for half an hour and then put
down a 4oz bottle with no problem, and likely would take more if I let them. If
you do the math, there is no way I can make 12 ounces every three hours! So
even though I didn’t want to, we have been supplementing with some formula. Based
on their weights - it’s obviously going great.
Sleep is still pretty light around here. We have a semi set
schedule, but they are still up every 2-3 hours at night to eat. A few days ago
they went 4 hours, so I’m crossing my fingers that might be a pattern that we
could enjoy in the future. Somehow we are functioning pretty well on not a lot
of sleep, but whenever the opportunity of a nap arises, we often take it.
| Our first trip to the beach. |
Before the boys got their shots we couldn't go anywhere in public. But the boys and I did sneak a trip out to the beach to see Grandma Danette and Sir. They have timeshare at Depot Bay so we were able to take the boys to the condo, and still not introduce them to anything dangerous. But since they got their vaccinations on their 8 week birthday, we’ve been on the
go. I decided I couldn’t stay here and look at these living room walls anymore.
They got their shots on a Wednesday, we let them recover on Thursday, and on Friday
the three of us went shopping at the outlet mall for the first time. Everyone
thinks I’m crazy taking 8 week old twins out alone, but it has to happen
sometime that we go out, so why not now? The boys did great! We had no time
constraints, I had bottles ready for them, and we just went with the flow. It
was awesome! Then on their actual two month birthday we took them out to WOU
sporting events. This was the first of many many sporting events they will go
to and we had a lot of fun. They bounced
back and forth between the WOU Women’s Softball Games and WOU Men’s Baseball
Game. I don’t think I have ever seen Michael so proud as he showed off his
little boys. Both Braxton and Carter were passed around to our WOU family who
wanted to hold them and love them like we do. We are so lucky to live in a
small town and be connected with the university. Both boys have many “Adopted”
aunts, uncles, and grandparents.
| Little Comedians |
Since their 1 month Birthday I have seen a lot of changes in
both of them. Carter has multiplied his smiling tenfold. He might be the
happiest baby on the planet. He smiles when he’s awake, when he sleeps, when
you talk to him, and for no reason at all. The only time this is a problem is
when he is being silly and won’t stop smiling while trying to give him a
bottle. His features have also changed too. He used to have this tiny little
head and face which made him look very petite. Now his face has filled out and
his head has grown a lot. In his second month he definitely found his voice, as
I don’t think he cried much the first month. When he gets mad and cries his
“pout” has become super prominent. My mother in law confirmed that Michael also
did that when he was an infant, so I guess it is just one more thing Carter
gets from his dad. His legs are getting chubbier, and he still has a bit of an
“outtie” belly button. We also were pretty shocked when a birth mark showed up
last week. We called the pediatrician and he said children can actually get
“birth” marks until they are 2 years old. Weird. And finally Carter’s craziest thing this
month has been his refusal to sleep. He actually went one day where he woke up
at 7:30am and didn’t nap but a combined 24 minutes of cat naps until 5:30.
INSANE. Needless to say, this mommy had her hands full that day. But our little
Tree Frog Carter is so dang cute that you can’t ever get mad at him.
| "What did u say Braxton?!?!" |
Braxton has changed a lot in the last month too. His cheeks have
continued to grow, making him look more like a chipmunk than before, but they
are so adorable. He she still has a short fuse and little patience, but as long
as he has what he wants, he’s a really happy baby too. He is smiling a lot,
especially on the changing table. That guy LOVES to get his diaper changed! Sharky
Boy, as we call him, still adores his binkie, but isn’t sleeping with it as
much as he was before. We have learned that when we take a bottle out of his
mouth to burp him mid feeding or to let him breath to keep it super close
because he is not a fan of stopping eating. Ever. He loves to sit facing out
looking around because he doesn’t want to miss a single thing. He isn’t as sensitive
about getting cold as he used to be, but he still really loves to snuggle up to
go to sleep.
So my boys continue to grow and change. I guess that’s what babies do. I’m just trying to soak in every second because if time continues to fly by this fast, they are going to be in college before I know it.

You are the most amazing, laid back mom on the planet. My little grandtwins are lucky to have such a great mom. Hard to believe Michael is a Dad and he is so proud of his boys. You are a great family and so glad you are mine. Miss my little Tree Frog and B-boy so much! (oh- and you guys too!)
ReplyDeleteThey are adorable!! I don't know how you do it! I could barely function with 1 ha ha! I know with Brooklyn she always slept longer stretches at night when we would go outside that day (long walk, baseball game etc). Hoping you all get some 4-5 hour stretches very soon!
ReplyDelete