Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Anniversary to Us


Eat, Drink and be Married!

Leavenworth Downtown
Amongst about a million other things that is what Michael and I have been doing for the last 2 years. Last week Monday we celebrated our second wedding anniversary. As usual we didn’t have the time to take a full week’s vacation or go somewhere crazy far, but the little Bavarian town of Leavenworth, WA was a beautiful get away and a perfect way to mark our 2 year milestone.

Our Hotel Room
Leavenworth is absolutely adorable. We stayed in a sweet little Bavarian Inn called the Linderhof that was right across the street from all the downtown shops and restaurants. We parked our car and walked everywhere. Michael ate bratwurst and savored the local beers, and I made him come into every cute little shop I could find. We wine tasted at more wineries that I can count on one hand, and ended our evenings on the deck of our hotel with drinks and the sun setting behind the mountains. But don’t worry, it wasn’t all sweet and mushy. In true Feuling fashion we planned a little adventure and took a white water rafting trip on the Wenachee River and followed it up with a delicious southern BBQ lunch. If you know us, you know that low key is much more our style, and that’s what this whole weekend was about. I thought about getting Michael a pair of Lederhosen but I figured the spandex bike outfit he sports was probably enough embarrassment in our world.

Our view at dinner.
Our weekend overall was fantastic. It is so crazy to think that it has been 2 full years since we were nervous as all hell, dressed up way more than we will probably ever be again, and standing in front of all of our friends and family saying “I Do”, “I Will”, and “Lets Party!”. Since that day we have done so many amazing things and experienced so much together. In the last two years we finally got our own place (a tiny little apartment at that), coached youth sports teams, set up life in Seattle, and then in a whirlwind swoop got new jobs, bought a house, moved to Oregon, bought big kid furniture (I always told my mom I wasn’t “Big” until I bought my own real couch), got a dog, and started building a real home together. And all the while we were still spending as much time with family and friends as possible, traveling whenever we could, planning for the future, and laughing every single day. Time has flown by so fast but all I know for sure is that I feel pretty dang lucky to be married to such an amazing man.

So thanks Leavenworth for an awesome weekend, my parents for dog sitting the Dud Man, and Michael Feuling for 2 AMAZING Years!
Happy Anniversary Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment