Sunday, October 23, 2011

30 Days and 30 Blogs... Day #1

I have never been very good a taking time for myself. I sort of just go, go, go and go some more until I eventually run completely out of energy and finally crash. Even on days when I don’t have something planned, I always find projects to do. As I have said a million times I like being busy, and I love my life. But lately Michael has been accusing me of being on one of my self destructive go, go go journeys. I have also noticed that my poor blog has been more than neglected. So, in true multitasker fashion I decided to take on a 30 day blog challenge. I figured if I had something to write about I might sit down and take a few more relaxing moments for myself. This would also keep my blog a little more updated, which is sort of the point of having it anyway. I know that I’m a little late to the party and this was a popular blog choice quite sometime ago, but that’s ok. I also know I might not be able to do it in exactly 30 days, but I’m sure going to try! So, here goes… 30 days and 30 blogs…
 

Day #1 - 20 random facts about yourself that most people wouldn’t know and a recent picture.

·        I finish tasks much more efficiently if I make a To-Do-List.
·        At one point in my life I hated the color pink. Now I adore it.
·        It really bothers me when I tell people I’m from the Seattle area, and their response is “Oh my god, how could you live in such a terrible rainy place.?!?” I’m not sure when I became so protective over the city, but I happen to LOVE where I’m from. And while we’re at it NO, not everyone there is depressed or miserable from the rain.
·        I would much rather eat “international” food than American food. I LOVE Thai, Mexican, and Italian foods best.
·        A great gardener- I will never be. As much as I would love to have house plants, and real plants, I can’t seem to keep them alive. My petunias didn’t even make it all the way through the Summer this year. And yet I still will attempt to plant more next Spring.
·        I love to laugh- and often times end up being really silly. 
·        I have the weirdest feet ever. Who actually wears a 6.5 Wide shoe that also needs room for stupid high arch orthotics? This frustrates me to no end.
·        The meals I cook taste SO MUCH better if I make a mess in the kitchen while preparing them. That is not only a fact, but most of the time the mess in inevitable.
·        Coffee and Diet Coke are both the rivers of my life.
·        Some of my greatest moments of my life happened on the softball field. Often I find myself missing the game, the dirt, my teammates, and most of all competition. I’m so grateful for all of those memories. I hope my children find something they love as much as I did.
·        I swear by AVON washoff waterproof mascara and eyeliner. They are the only way to go.
·        I wish I was better versed in music, movies, and pop culture. I find myself trying to catch up with my friends and co-workers all the time. I’m not the best candidate for a trivia contest teammate, but I’m working on it… I really am.
·        My favorite holidays are Christmas and St. Patricks day.
·        What the doctors say is correct… Take care of yourself when you are young because you’ll need your body when you are older. I abused my knees pretty hard when I was a teenager. They are now paying me back.
·        I can’t imagine my life without sports. They are such a huge part of everything we do.
·        My favorite deserts are strawberry short cake and tiramisu.  
·        Someday I want to travel to both Ireland and Italy. Michael promised we will.
·        Apparently I say “shoes”, “juice”, and “milk” funny. More than one person has laughed at me for this.
·        I love tequila and hate whiskey.
·        The older I get, the more I find myself being able to hold back what I’m thinking. There are definite benefits in controlling random word vomit and not blurting out something that I wish I hadn’t. Where was this skill 10 years ago?


So there we go… 20 things you might not have known. Day 1 is in the books. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment